Hot Oracle Certifications
All Oracle Exams
About Oracle Certifications
Oracle is a multinational corporation that is well-known for developing database software. It also offers a certification program. There are six certificates that fall into nine categories. These nine categories are:
- Oracle Applications. This category is intended for those individuals who are experts in implementing Oracle solutions. This means that the certifications in this category apply to Certified Implementation Specialists.
- Oracle Cloud. This is a new certification category that covers Java Cloud and some Oracle Cloud certificates. The credentials in this section are divided into seven sub-categories.
- Oracle Database. This category is for those individuals who develop Oracle databases. It is divided into three sub-categories: Oracle Database, Database Application, Development and MySQL.
- Oracle Enterprise Management. The certifications in this category cover Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Oracle Industries. It involves 25 individual certifications that focus on selling and implementation of Oracle software.
- Oracle Java and Middleware. This category involves all levels of the Oracle Certification Program.
- Oracle Operating Systems. The credentials in this category deal with Linux and Solaris.
- Oracle Systems. Most certifications in this category are related to selling and implementation of Oracle-specific solutions.
- Oracle Virtualization. These certifications are dedicated to Oracle Virtual Machine for X86.
Oracle credentials cover the following certification levels:
- OJA (Oracle Certified Junior Associate): this is a beginner-level certification administered to the students in high schools, colleges and universities, and also to those individuals who teach Java and computer science.
- OCA (Oracle Certified Associate): this certificate proves that the candidate has fundamental skills to support Oracle products. It qualifies the students for the Oracle Certified Professional certification.
- OCP (Oracle Certified Professional): this credential builds on fundamental skills acquired through the OCA certification. It is commonly used by headhunters to evaluate the qualifications of candidates when hiring.
- OCM (Oracle Certified Master): this certification equips the candidates with the confirmation of knowledge and skills to solve complex problems. To earn this credential, the students have to pass some thorough performance-based exams.
- OCE (Oracle Certified Expert): these credentials demonstrate the candidate’s knowledge of specific technologies or domains. It also builds on skills acquired on OCP and OCA.
- OCS (Oracle Certified Specialist): these are implementation-oriented certifications that seek to valid the candidate’s expertise on a particular area. The certificates are mostly meant for the Oracle partners’ employees, though it is available to all candidates who are interested in them.